Friday, April 28, 2017

Last Friday at Home, I Hope....

Today we got new brakes, and oil change.

Although I would not allow my car in the Park to be viewed by visitors if I had the power, I began doing longer trips when it hit 100,000 miles.  The CarTalk guys convinced me of the "nothing to lose" aspect of letting things fall off and keeping it running for the lowest investment.   If it is rolling, it is just fine.  Now it stops too!
In my mind it is like a jigsaw puzzle, packing for a month away.  I am really funny, as my last few trips to Denver went with entire art shows of 30 paintings in the trunk (I did not unload the last 20 until this week...) and my cat and the necessities of life, but I will no longer have the ability to run to the local 7-11 and grab a bag of potato chips at 11 at night.  I am visualizing planning ahead!  So today I got canned food, a salt and pepper shaker, spaghetti and sauce and will bring the last of what is in the fridge, freeze things that can't go bad and stop in Holbrook on the way in for milk and cold stuff.... need to learn where the grocer is anyway! And all for a whopping 4 hour drive!!
My computer is completely ported into a small external drive, I have the home phone now all computerized so I won't miss the tons of unidentified callers looking for that OTHER Debra Jones who has outstanding bills! Thinking of adding a few GB to the cellphone, and if it works, may even experiment with a "hot spot".   I am such a tech addict....hoping for withdrawal.  I am boxing up all the peripherals and a small printer and paper to begin fitting into the trunk.
I have a list of minimal clothes and the knowledge there is a laundry makes me feel much better about that plan.
Refilled all my meds, updated insurance for the year, paid all the bills and go out nearly broke, but tapping savings for now.
This weekend I have a few obligations and figure tomorrow will be actual loading anything not critical at home so I can figure the amount of finished art to carry for demos and show-and-tells.
The cat is a piece of cake. We have made about 8 individual trips in the past couple of years and he is cool!  As you know, he lives in that cage at home too.  I even opened the portable red kennel to get him used to it and he is sitting in it, supervising now.
So the weekend awaits and I am saying goodbye to the windy, concrete box I live in for the windswept (so much different) beauty of the millennia in this stark and amazing National Park.

(Nothing picturesque about all this... that will begin on MONDAY, if the internet gods shine on us!)

(....well I did find some wonderful traveling glasses....


No comments:

Post a Comment